The Knights of Westfest 2013, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick Goes Green
The Knights of Westfest, now in it’s third year, has established itself as a truly unique Irish festival, set amid the backdrop of the amazing Desmond Castle in the largest town in the County Limerick, Newcastle West.
Great music, food, entertainment, fashion, craft …and a little bit of magic!
The ‘Taste of WestFest’ is a two-day food fair which brings everything from live cooking demonstrations and teddy bears’ picnics to demos and exhibitions from artisan producers from across the country.
The Knights of Westfest comprises:
- Limerick for The Gathering 2013 Music Festival
- Street Entertainment
- Knights of Desmond Family Funday
- All Ireland Donkey Derby
- Taste of Westfest
Work already underway with the organising committee to make the event greener in 2013. Targets for this year include:
- Preventing waste at the food festival & family events
- Promoting the use of compostable & reusable crockery, glasses etc
- Better segregation of waste
- Water conservation for permanent facilities such as cafes, restaurants & bars in the Square Newcastle West
- Sustainable transport to & from the festival
Further information about the Greening of The Knights of Westfest will be available on www.greenyourfestival.ie this year. See also: