Knights of Westfest, Newcastle West
The Knights of Westfest, now in it’s third year has established itself as a truly unique Irish festival, set amid the backdrop of the amazing Desmond Castle in the largest town in the County Limerick, Newcastle West.
It takes place from the 11th-15th September 2013.
Great music, food, entertainment, fashion, craft …and a little bit of magic!
The ‘Taste of WestFest’ is a two-day food fair which brings everything from live cooking demonstrations and teddy bears’ picnics to demos and exhibitions from artisan producers from across the country.
The Knights of Westfest comprises:
- Limerick for The Gathering 2013 Music Festival
- Street Entertainment
- Knights of Desmond Family Funday
- All Ireland Donkey Derby
- Taste of Westfest
Organisers are greening the event with a number of initiatives including:
- Over 70 recycling & waste segregation areas throughout the town
- Compostable plates, bowls, forks & spoons at the Twilight Taste Trail area & all food stalls
- Only plastic bottles/beer cups in use to reduce waste & increase recycling
- Dedicated litter teams to collect segregated waste for recycling
- Resource efficiency audits for businesses sponsoring the event
Further information about the Greening of The Knights of Westfest will be available on www.greenyourfestival.ie this year. See also:
For more information on greening this event contact:
Pauline McDonogh, Limerick Clare Kerry Regional Waste Management Office