Fleadh Cheoil na Mumhan 2013
Fleadh Cheoil na Mumhan 2013 will be hosted for the first time by Castletroy CCÉ in the University of Limerick. Munster Fleadh 2013 promises to be a unique Munster Fleadh as it will be the first time it will be held in an enclosed campus environment. The organising committee headed up by Cathaoirleach na Fleidhe Niall Keegan and Runaí na Fleidhe Majella Bartley are working hard to organise an action-packed programme of events for the Fleadh. These will include a wide selection of outdoor and indoor concerts, céilithe, workshops, competitions, and street sessions.
The organising committee for the Fleadh are working closely with the Limerick, Clare, Kerry Regional Waste Management Office to green the event. Planned activities include:
- Source Segregation & prevention of waste
- The use of a uniquely designed App to keep participants informed of ways they can help green the event
- The promotion of tap water
- Energy & water conservation measures in the campus accommodation
- A Shuttle bus around the campus as well as the promotion of smarter travel.
It is anticipated that the event will attract up to 12,000 people, 3000 of which will be competing so its a big challenge to green the fleadh but everyone involved is willing to give it a go.
For more information on the greening of this event contact:
Pauline McDonogh, Limerick Clare Kerry Regional Waste Management Office
Tel: 087 2755538; 061 496844